Mazars Nigeria is seeking experienced professionals for the following positions:
Manager, Quality & Risk Management
- Must be members of ICAN or ACCA
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting or a Business-related field of study
- 5+ years of relevant audit experience in a professional service firm as a Manager, preferably from one of the Big 4 firms
- Ability to perform technical consultations and reviews
- Ability to research and document complex accounting standard issues
- Ability to translate high-level technical literature into commonly understood language and usable data
- Excellent communication skills (oral/written)
- Excellent presentation and writing skills
Determine and implement the overall risk management strategy of the firm.
- Stay current on industry developments related to engagement standards that impact our business
- Be an active participant in engagement standard setter activities, which may include conference attendance, professional response to comment letters, etc.
- Develop and implement strategies and materials to implement both new and changed standards efficiently
- Develop and implement policies and procedures related to the firm’s system of quality control in line with internationally acceptable professional and quality control standards
- Continuously consult with firm personnel regarding compliance with professional standards matters
- Draft thought leadership material to support both internally and externally focused campaigns
- Monitor firm compliance with the Mazars Group Quality and Risk Manual/Policy
- Manage the firm’s annual internal review process, which addresses both firm level policy compliance, and audit and attest engagement standards
- Manage the firm’s global reporting requirements to Mazars Group and perform Engagement Quality Control reviews on professional standards issues
- Maintain and update the firm’s Quality Control Manuals
- Support the firm’s GAAP technical desk, and provide consultation and training for team members
- Perform Financial Quality Control reviews or provide targeted technical consultation on audit and attest engagements with complex transactions
- Perform audit file review to confirm compliance with ISA, IFRS and other regulatory disclosures.
- To perform a review of financial statements for engagements across the firm.
- To serve as Quality Control Reviewer (QCR) for other non-audit clients.
Manager, Quality and Risk Management