The regulatory environment for asset management firms has intensified in recent years with a growing number of new regulations. Among these are the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MIFID 2), the Undertakings for Collective Investment in Transferable Securities (UCITS) directives and the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD). This deeper regulatory environment has placed an increased pressure on asset management entities to balance the rising cost of compliance alongside stakeholder expectations under a more transparent and robust approach to risk management.
Mazars is an international group based on an integrated global partnership. As such we are structured as a “one firm” organisation, able to think, decide and act collectively.
We tailor our service offerings to match client needs, mobilising our local and international teams as appropriate to offer you innovative solutions to meet your business requirements.
Our specialist asset management team is available to support your business needs and provide you with a wide range of integrated professional services across your business value chain.
- Consulting and regulatory
- Quantitative solutions
- Tax services (including Transfer pricing)
- Regulated services for Funds
- Financial reporting advisory
- Funds and asset management transactional advisory (including due diligence, valuations and financial modelling)
- an asset management team with significant experience gained by working closely with more than 1,000 funds across the UK and Europe
- strong regulatory credentials, fine-tuned while leading projects on behalf of the major regulatory bodies
- benchmarking of industry practices through a global asset management network
- integrated and multidisciplinary teams that combine expertise, experience, international best practice and local know-how
- bespoke tools developed and tested across a wide range of scenarios
- a dedicated international asset management network, including our office in Jersey, that allows us to respond exclusively to needs of a variety of clients operating in the asset management sector.
Our banking practice is led by a dedicated team of former regulators, industry executives and senior professionals with a wealth of knowledge and practical experience.
We have been heavily involved in helping leading global banks, regulators, central banks and governments navigate the web of regulatory, economic and political challenges facing the industry. Whilst we may not be able to predict what the future holds, we can ensure that the decisions you make are robust and deliver lasting results to you and your stakeholders.
In addition to the depth of experience offered by our advisory teams, we provide high quality external audit and assurance services to our clients, bringing to bear our industry expertise and dedication to client service.
Our five core dedicated banking service areas are:
Audit and assurance
Regulatory and compliance
Finance and operational effectiveness
The intricate dynamics of the insurance industry create a challenging arena in which to operate. Combining this with enhanced regulation and continued pressure on solvency and capital adequacy means it is proving more important now than ever that FCA regulated entities adopt an effective approach to managing financial, operational and regulatory risk.
As a leading provider of audit and business advisory services, Mazars has over a hundred years of experience within the insurance market internationally. Our strong business model ensures we can combine a global scope with the listening skills and service levels of an individual business partner.
From brokers and intermediaries, to life and general insurers and those within the reinsurance market, our team has the knowledge and expertise required to provide effective, value-added solutions for your business.
Globally,our dedicated insurance practice works with over 200 companies across the insurance sector.
Our expertise across the insurance sector enables us to provide our clients with a wide range of services in:
- Audit and Assurance